Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Weekly Grad Star: Ladan Nekoomaram

Name: Ladan Nekoomaram
School: American University-School of Communication
Major: Journalism and Public Affairs
Job desired: Journalism, editing, reporting, multimedia, social media, broadcast jobs or a position at a human rights or international think tank
Graduation date: May 2010
Contact info:

Why should you be hired?
I am a great candidate for a journalism or communications job because I was trained by today’s innovators in the field who understand the significance of multimedia, web development, social media and community in the success of a news organization. My experience, passion for my subject, and familiarity with the D.C. journalism and foreign policy scene would make me an ideal candidate for a job in news or at an international/human rights organization in town. Because I am fresh out of graduate school, I have a strong thirst for work and am anxiously awaiting my first opportunity to contribute to the news cycle.

I’m a graduate student at American University in the journalism master’s program and a fellow at Radio Free Europe. I manage a web site dedicated to covering foreign policy in Washington, D.C. and I blog about college issues and journalism for the Huffington Post. Previously, I have worked at NBC Nightly News, USA Weekend, Austin Woman Magazine and WTHR, the top local TV station in Indianapolis. I am an Iranian American from Carmel, Indiana who studied English and History at DePauw University before moving to D.C. to pursue my journalism career.

blog comments powered by Disqus

New Grad Life Copyright © 2012 Community is Designed by Bie