Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weekly Grad Star: Troy Bawolek

   Share     Buzz this

Name: Troy Bawolek
School: Loyola University Chicago Graduate Business School
Major: Finance
Graduation date: November 2010
Job desired: I am looking for entry level investment banking or wealth management opportunities

Why should you be hired?
I am extremely motivated for a career in this field. I know the hours are long and I have the drive to start from the bottom and work my way to the top. I am equally capable of working in a group or independently. I am a quick learner with an attention to detail and will be a loyal employee because I ideally want to spend my career with the same company. Above all I want to be a source of knowledge for clients to help manage their way in this different financial environment.

I have switched career paths as my bachelors was for sports management and I am currently concentrating in finance (investments and analysis), therefore I would be looking for those on par with undergraduates opportunities though I do feel I can take on the responsibility of those expected from an MBA whose undergrad was finance.

I find the world of finance so much more fascinating and am eager to learn all I can about it from reading the Wall Street Journal every day to attending investment banking seminars and Morningstar workshops. My only finance experience has come from my current internship for a small real estate investors company in Chicago where I have been given various analysis projects. Outside of that my other work experience has come from sports internships which developed a lot of qualitative skills in dealing with customers and communication among various levels of co-workers/management. I have been very rigorous in strengthening my quantitative skills and knowledge of Excel especially since those are crucial for most finance careers.

Contact info

blog comments powered by Disqus

New Grad Life Copyright © 2012 Community is Designed by Bie