Friday, October 23, 2009

6 Things Not To Say During A Job Interview (And The Right Answers)

3. Why have you had so many jobs?

Bad Answers: I get bored easily.

Tip: Give acceptable reasons (frequent moves, changes in personal goals, etc.), but focus on the fact that you're ready for a permanent position now, which is what they are really concerned about.

Better Answer: When I was younger, I decided to sample a wide variety of careers. That way, when I was ready to choose a career path I would be absolutely certain that I had found the right one for the long-term future. Now I've settled on this industry, and that's why I'm here today.

4. What are your strengths?

Bad Answer: I can burp on demand and keep a straight face when telling a lie.

Tip: Discuss three or four of your strengths as they relate to the position you are interviewing for, and give examples of times they have helped you do your work.

Better Answer: I have a really good eye for detail, and in the past, I have caught critical mistakes before they happened. When I worked for ABC Company, I helped the company avoid a few catastrophes this way, so they started routing orders through my office to check even though I wasn't working in the orders department. Of course, I'd be happy to apply this skill in any way you feel is suitable in this company. Another strength I can offer an employer is...

Previous page | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next Page


New Grad Life Copyright © 2012 Community is Designed by Bie