WORKING YOUR LINKEDIN MEMBERSHIP
11. Not updating your profile regularly.
Refresh the “What are you working on?” network update as one way to stay top of mind with your network and let them know what you’re up to.
12. Neglecting LinkedIn Groups.
Join appropriate groups (great for job hunters), participate in discussions, and start your own conversations. Post articles and information that will be helpful to members.
13. Inviting people you don’t know at all to join your LinkedIn network.
You run the risk of them clicking on the “I don’t know” button or “Report as Spam”. Sure as a job seeker you want to expand your network but remember quality over quantity.
14. Automatically accepting invitations to join someone’s LinkedIn network.
Look at their profiles first and make sure you should connect with them.
15. Not personalizing the default invitation to connect message.
Change the “I’d like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn” message when you send out invitations.
Previous page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next Page