16. Not including a link to your LinkedIn profile within your email signature.
17. Promoting yourself (or product) too heavily in LinkedIn Groups.
You can easily turn people off and make them want to ignore you.
18. Not checking out LinkedIn company profiles.
See if your current and former companies have one and if companies of interest to you have one. Find out which co-workers on your company’s profile are busy on LinkedIn and connect with the ones you know. Research other companies’ profiles for market intelligence and due diligence.
19. Overlooking the LinkedIn Jobs tab.
LinkedIn brings together many job postings, some of which are exclusive listings.
20. Not diving into LinkedIn Answers.
Ask questions and provide answers within your areas of expertise. Position yourself as a subject matter expert.
And a bonus mistake to avoid:
21. Not using the new LinkedIn and Twitter interface, updating your LinkedIn profile with all or select tweets.
For that matter, don’t neglect the other ever-growing LinkedIn applications. As a job seeker you should be using many forms of social media, remember that!
Previous page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Meg Guiseppi, Executive Personal Branding and Job Search Strategist