6. Be spontaneous and don't prepare for the interview. Suggestion: Practice answers to interview questions, even if you feel confident, especially if it’s been a while since you've interviewed. Keep your answers clear, effective, and not overly long.
7. Don't bring your portfolio or work samples. Suggestion: If you can show examples of your work, effective job interview strategies would include bringing a portfolio of your work or at least some samples.
8. Ask about pay and benefits right away in the interview. Suggestion: You don't have the job yet and the HR department doesn't even know your name. Your research should have given you an indication of compensation and benefits.
9. Don't show interest in the position for which you are applying. Suggestion: Be energetic and positive about the job opportunity at hand.
10. Ask interviewers right away if they'll hire you. Suggestion: Let's be tactful and polite here. Let interviewers know how interested you are in the opportunity and ask them what the next steps in their hiring process will be. Let them know you are interested in moving forward with the process.
Previous page | 1 | 2 |